Mission Smile encourages visitors to its website to spread the need of Cleft care surgeries to children and adults suffering from Cleft lip, Cleft palate and other facial deformities by copying and downloading website content for personal, non-commercial use. If you wish to use any materials found on Mission Smile’s websites (text, videos, photographs, etc) for any other purpose.
Mission Smile has a firm commitment to data privacy.
Mission Smile does not accept advertising on its sites.
Citing Mission Smile in Publications
The material on this site comes from a diverse range of sources. If you are looking for information to include in a footnote.
Linking This Site
Since a web address is basically the same as a phone number or street address, there are no restrictions on the fair use of this site’s address as a way to receive information from Mission Smile. However, “linking” a page to this site does not imply Mission Smile’s endorsement of the page containing the link.
If you would like information on a link to your site from Mission Smile, please contact our email@example.com/old-site/old-site/test. Mission Smile does not typically provide links to external sites.
Fundraising Terms and Conditions
If you are planning an event to benefit Mission Smile , please take note of the types of support that Mission Smile can and cannot offer, review Mission Smile ’s fundraising event guidelines and create a fundraising account on the “Start Your Campaign” page at least 45 days prior to your event so that it can be reviewed. Please note that only those events that meet specific criteria and that legitimately and genuinely benefit Mission Smile will be approved.
If your event requires additional support from Mission Smile (such as the types shown below), you must e-mail Info@missionsmile.org/old-site/old-site/test.. A representative will respond in time for your event to let you know whether the use of Mission Smile’s name and materials will be authorised for your event. If you want to use Mission Smile’s name in promotional materials to be published or distributed prior to the event, please allow ample advance time for a response regarding those materials as well.
What Can Mission Smile Offer?
- Support materials, such as leaflets, vegan starter kits and stickers
- Permission to use the phrases “In support of children suffering from Cleft lip, Cleft palate and other facial deformities ” and “Proceeds benefit Mission Smile ” in promotional materials
- A special thank-you letter and certificate after your fundraiser is complete
- In some cases, a staff representative or speaker for your event (Mission Smile will attempt to provide, but cannot guarantee that it will provide, a staff representative or speaker.)
What Can’t Mission Smile Do?
- Guarantee staff or volunteer support at or for your event
- Become a sponsor, partner or member
- Promote your event or product to our members
- Provide celebrity access
- Other than in the limited manner explicitly stated in these guidelines, authorise use of the Mission Smile name or logo
The following are Mission Smile’s guidelines for fundraising events. Please read them carefully, as both parties must agree to them before we can proceed:
- All promotional materials related to an event benefiting Mission Smile must be reviewed and approved by Mission Smile prior to their production and distribution.
- Use of the Mission Smile logo is not permitted in any manner or medium for fundraisers.
- Publicity materials and efforts may not imply that the event is sponsored or co-sponsored by Mission Smile or that Mission Smile is involved in any way other than as the beneficiary. Publicity materials (1) should list the event name followed by “In support for children suffering from cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities ” or “Proceeds benefit of the same” and (2) must conspicuously state that neither the event nor the organising body is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by Mission Smile .
- All promotional materials must clearly state the exact percentage of the proceeds that will benefit Mission Smile.
- If the event’s advertisements suggest that a percentage of the proceeds will benefit Mission Smile, the sponsor should be prepared to provide Mission Smile with access to revenue and expense accounting documents.
- The event’s expenses should be kept to a maximum of 35 per cent of the gross revenue.
- If the event organiser plans to seek corporate sponsorship, Mission Smile requires advance notification in order to confirm that such sponsorship would be in line with Mission Smile’s mission.
- Mission Smile is not responsible for marketing, ticket sales or other administrative aspects of third-party events. Event sponsors must have the means to sell tickets and publicise their event.
- Only the final net proceeds will be processed by Mission Smile. Third-party revenues and expenses should never flow through Mission Smile.
- The event organiser is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits and clearances required by the government and for ensuring that the event or activity is in compliance with all applicable laws. The event organiser must also obtain appropriate insurance coverage to Mission Smile’s satisfaction.
- If donations are derived from the sale or promotion of products, those products must be vegan, cruelty-free and approved by Mission Smile. For additional clarification, direct questions to Mission Smile.
- If donations are derived from the sales of goods that are subject to VAT or other tax, the event organiser bears full responsibility for tax registration and for payment of any tax owed to Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs.
- If donations are derived from sponsorship solicitations from the public or the participants’ relatives, then the participants must clearly state that they are raising money “in aid of Mission Smile”.
- Mission Smile does not permit the following forms of third-party fundraising:
- Programmes that raise money on commission
- Events that encourage or involve behaviour that is counter to the Mission Smile mission or is unlawful
- Events involving the promotion or support of a political party or a candidate for public office or those that appear to endorse a political activity
- If the fundraiser is cancelled or rescheduled, the organiser will notify Mission Smile as soon as possible – at least 48 hours prior to the event’s originally scheduled start time.
- Mission Smile reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time.